Nazra for Feminist Studies is a group that aims to build an Egyptian feminist movement, believing that feminism and gender are political and social issues affecting freedom and development in all societies. Nazra aims to mainstream these values in both public and private spheres.
Nazra’s team, which includes both women and men, believes that integrating gender and feminism will be achieved through the efforts of believers in the validity of these values and in the necessity of their implementation in both spheres.
Nazra believes that the youth, in their diversity, struggle to integrate their issues, which include gender-related issues, in their societies. And so Nazra generally works to provide all actors who strive to achieve gender related causes with all forms of support needed; and focuses, specifically, on supporting youth groups who strive to achieve those causes.
In achieving these aims, Nazra employs different programs, initiatives and activities such as:
1. Working on production of knowledge based on research, documentation, monitoring and analysis of methodologies.
2. Producing and developing Arabic terminologies, to form a glossary of the issues we work on.
3. Supporting Women Human Rights Defenders through legal and psychological interventions.
4. Supporting women in the political arena.
5. Strategic litigation for gender legal cases locally, regionally, and internationally.
6. Advocacy to integrate gender issues in the political, legal, social and cultural context.
7. Networking with movements and stakeholders to build a strong feminist movement.
8. Using artistic tools in the context of gender and feminism issues.