The undersigned to this statement followed the work of the Committee formed pursuant to the decision of the President of the Republic no. 126 for 2014 to draft two decrees to amend some of the provisions of law no. 73 for 1956 to regulate the exercise of political rights ad law no. 38 for 1972 concerning the People's Assembly, in accordance with the provisions of the amended Constitution adopted on the 18th of January 2014. The decision included that the Committee has to end its work within fifteen days of the date of its issuance, and that it has to present its amendments to political and popular forces for discussion for fifteen days. The Committee may hold hearing sessions with these forces if it deems necessary.
The undersigned express their objection that none of the feminist organizations and groups concerning with the rights of women were invited for dialogue until now in order to hear their proposals concerning the best electoral system for the empowerment of women to effectively participate in the coming People's Assembly so that women have a fair representation in the Parliament which comes following the adoption of the amended constitution. The new constitution guaranteed the right of women to fair representation of senior offices and representative bodies according to article 11 which stipulated equality for women and thus became a constitutional obligation on the state.
The undersigned organizations and parties also condemn that the presidential decision did not take into account the representation of women in the Committee as it does not include even one of woman among its members, although this was a clear demand by concerned organizations and groups. There must be women among the legislators who amend the two laws that are supposed to meet the demands of women of fair representation in elected councils. The undersigned also condemn that the Committee does not include representatives of civil society organizations so that the two laws are amended according to the experiences of these organizations and their demands for guaranteeing democratic and fair electoral process that make it possible to fairly and adequately represent all categories of citizens.
The undersigned demand the Committee to meet with representatives of feminist organizations and organizations concerned with the rights of women, democracy and elections to listen to their demands and include them in the provisions of the amended laws. These two laws also have to be presented for real national dialogue that creates agreement on the coming elections of the People's Assembly and meet the demands of the different categories of Egyptian Society.
1. The Egyptian Feminist Union (includes 140 NGOs throughout the governorates of Egypt)*
2. Baheya Ya Masr.
3. Coordination Committee for Public Action for Egyptian Women.
4. The Permanent Committee for Egyptian Women.
5. Cairo Center for Development and Human Rights.
6. Center for Appropriate Communication Techniques for Development.
7. Legal Organization for the assistance of Family and Human Rights.
8. New Woman Foundation.
9. Woman and Memory Foundation.
10. Center for Egyptian Women Legal Assistance.
11. Nazra for Feminist Studies.
1. Women Committee – the Egyptian National Democratic Party.
2. Al-Dostour Party.
3. Bread and Freedom Party (under establishment).
4. Egypt Freedom Party.
* Member NGOs in the Egyptian Feminist Union:Women's Association for the Protection of Family – Ras Ghareb - The Association for the Development and Protection of Child and Community in Al-Gharbeya - The Arab Woman Association – Cairo (a founding member) - Community Development Association for Egyptian and Rural Women – Qena - The Association of the Forum of the Arab Working Women - The Arab Woman Association in Al-Wadi Al-Gadeid - The Integral Care Association for Childhood and Motherhood in Toukh –Sharqeya - Hoda Sha'rawie Association (The Egyptian Women's Union)- The Arab Woman Association in Al-Sharqeya - The Arab Woman Association in Al-Qaliobeya - The Association for Arab Women for Development - The Society of Arab Women for Development –Ismailia - Local Community Development Society in North Sinai- Friends of the People Society - Family Planning Society in Alexandria - The Society for the Safety of Family in Giza - Association of International Civil Servants (AFICS Egypt) - Local Community Development in South Sinai - Women and DevelopmentAssociation in Alexandria - The General Association of Women's Societies for Health Advancement- Women's Association for Health Advancement in Cairo - Women's Association for Health Advancement in Menya- Women's Association for Health Advancement in Senbelaween- Women's Association for Health Advancement in Luxor- Women's Association for Health Advancement in Aswan- Women's Association for Health Advancement in Benha - Women's Association for Health Advancement in Menofeya- Women's Association for Health Advancement in Damanhour - The General Egyptian Association for the Protection of Children – Beheira- Business Women Association in Menofeya- The General Egyptian Association for the Protection of Children – Domyat- Local Community Development in Beba, Bani Suef - The General Egyptian Association for the Protection of Childhood in Suez- The Association for the Care of Childhood and Motherhood and Environmental Protection in Nag' Hamadi - The Egyptian Association for Family Planning in Kafr El-Sheikh- Mother's Day Association in Suhag - Temple Foundation for Development- Association for the Development and Enhancement of Women - Women's Advancement Association for Local Community Development in Al-Atwani, Aswan- Social Club and Community Service Association in Gharbeya- Family Planning Association in Kharga - Local Community Development in Bashandi, Dakhla- Local Community Development Association in Kasr El-Zayan, Kharga- Local Community Development Association for the villages of Moneira, Kharga- 'You Are Not Alone' for the Disabled Persons - Arab Women Association – Menya- Women Development Association in Damanhour - Modern Woman Association for Community Development in Gharbeya - Egyptian Association for Comprehensive Development in Cairo - 'In the Love of Egypt' Association in Beni Suef - Women's Association for the Development of Rural Women – Qous, Qena- Future Visions Charity Association- The Right to Life Association – Beni Suef- Zahret El-Sharq Association for Local Development in the Village of Kafr El-Naser, Beni Suef- Habayeb Baladna Association for Comprehensive Development and Technology – Beni Suef- Ayadi El-Kheir Association for Comprehensive Development in Eastern Beni Soleyman, Beni Suef- Almsgiving Association for Development in Tensa Beni Malo, Beni Suef - The Association for the Development and Care of young Trainees, Beni Suef - Rural Reform Association in Shabour, Beheira- General Egyptian Association for the Protection of Children – Beheira - Egyptian Association for Family Planning – Beheira - Om El-Qorra Association for Humanitarian Services and Social Development – Beheira - Association for the Social and Health Care and Development of Women in Eitay El-Baroud – Beheira - Human Resources Development – Sharqeya - High Horizons Associations for Community Development – Fayoum - Egypt's Pioneer Association for Development, Environmental Preservation and Caring of Orphans – Sharqeya - Young People of Sharqeya for Development – Sharqeya - Al-Amal Association for Social Care in Aslougy, Sharqeya- Nahr El-Kheir Association for Community Development – Sharqeya- Egyptian Foundation for Development and Training – Suhag- Ladies Association for Social Work –Al-Wadi Al-Gadeid - Community Development Association in Sheikh Eissa – Qena- Khaled Association for Social Care – Cairo- Ahbabullah [God's Lovers] Chairty Association – Gharbeya - Women's Association for the Development of Women in Baroud – Qena- Nour El-Islam Association for Development and Social Services in Foua, Kafr El-Sheikh- Eve of the Future Association – Gharbeya - Community Development Association for Urban Advancement- Dakahleya - Local Community Development Association in Quesna – Menofeya - Young Christian Men Association – Aswan - Nahda Association for Relief and Development – Menya - Community Development Association for Rural Women – Suhag - Future Association for Development, Consumer Protection and Environment – Aswan - Egyptian Red Crescent Association – Aswan - Martyr Pilot Mohammed Othman Mouharam Charity Association – Alexandria - Mrs I'tedal Abdel-Raheim Association for Care of Young Christian Women – Alexandria - Local Community Development Association in Downtown Alexandria - Social Rehabilitation Association – Suez - Social Defense Association in Suez- Vocational Training and Productive Families Association – Suez - Family Planning Association – Suez - Women's Association for Social Care – Al-Wadi Al-Gadeid - Sharekna Association for Community Development and Environment – Alexandria - Future Horizons Association – Fayoum - Al-Kholoud Association for Development and Awakening in Upper Egypt – Suhag - Community Development Association in Samoul – Gharbeya - Al-Manar Association for Community Development in Kharanga – Qena - Farsis Charity Association for Community Development – Gharbeya - Local Community Development – Qaliobeya - Women's Association in Toukh – Qaliobeya- Local Community Development in Terssa – Qaliobeya- Al-Zohour Association for Social Development in Khanka – Qaliobeya- Coptic Association for the Development of Egyptian Women – Qaliobeya- Local Community Development Association in Moshtohor – Qaliobeya- Helmena Association for Development and Advancement – Qaliobeya- The Association for the Modernization of Small Industries – Alexandria - Social Peace Association for the Environment and Development – Cairo - Community Development Association in Qal'aa – Qena - Women's Association in Baroud – Qena - Social Services Associations in Shanhour – Qena - Luxor's Ladies Association for Community Development – Luxor - Al-Nour Association for the Blind and Disabled – Qena - Social Services Association for Development and Care for Orphans –Suhag - Al-Mogheith Association for Development and Social Care - Future Association for the Service and Development of Community – Abou Kebeir – Sharqeya- Legal Association for Lawyers, Abou Kebeir – Sharqeya- Local Community Development Association in Kafr Al-Sawaki, Abou Kebeir – Sharqeya- Oum Al-Qoura Association for Charity - Abou Kebeir – Sharqeya- Nour El-Islam Association in Ezbet Besheir, Sharqeya - Nahda Association for the Development of Women – Naserya, Aswan - The Association of Arab Woman, Menofeya - Women's Association for the Improvement of Health – Assiut - Coptic Evanglican Organization – Beni Suef- Nour Al-Islam Charity Association – Luxor - Social Rehabilitation Association for the Disabled – Luxor - Kheir wi Baraka Charity Association – Cairo- Social Rehabilitation for the Disabled Association – Luxor - Kheir and Baraka Charity Association – Cairo - Al-Amal Association for Community Development and Care for Persons with Special-Needs –Mahallah, Gharbeya - Al-Wafaa wal-Noor Charity Association for the Care of Orphans – Al-Mahallah Al-Kobra, Gharbeya - Badr Association for Local Community Development in Tawayel – Suhag - Social Charity Association for Workers in Agricultural Department - Mahallah, Gharbeya- The Arab Woman Association in Gharbeya, Port-Said - Egyptian Association for Women's Development and Care for Children Deprived from Family Care –Gharbeya - Ahl El-Kheir Association for Development in Abou Kebeir, Sharqeya - Women's Association for the Development of Women in Nag' El-'Awarie – Qena - Fatema Al-Zahraa Women's Association for Sustainable Development - Al-Geel Association for Community Development and Environmental Protection – Abou Kebeir, Sharkeya- Rural Woman Association in Al-Koum Al-Ahmar - Youth of the Future Association for the Protection of Environment and Sinai Heritage - Environmental Protection Association in Suez - Egyptian Association for the Development of Women and Children Care Houses.